Is it really a pixel failure or just a dead bulb behind the display?
It is easy to distinguish:
- If the bulbs are out behind the display, then all the rows and colunms do work on the Rover instrument cluster's LCD display, but the background light of the Rover LCD display is uneven, or some cases the display is completely dark. This case no need to repair the pixels, you do not need a silver or carbon ribbon cable, nor a new LCD display. This case you just need to buy the lightbulbs that provide light behind the Rover LCD display.
- If the Rover instrument cluster's LCD display has really pixel problems, then typically lines or colunms of the display are missing. Several cases the characters are broken, numbers and letters shown on the instrument cluster's display are unreadable - the backlight is even. In case of a real pixel problem, when one or more pixels are missing from the display, you need to buy a silver ribbon cable, a carbon ribbon cable, or some cases a complete Rover LCD display. It really depends on that if it is a BMW, a Mercedes, and Audi, VW, Saab, Rover or other make, and of course if it a MID display, a speedometer, a board computer or other LCD dipslay. Most cases, when you have a pixel failure, and you decide to repair it, it's really worth to buy a set of bulbs too, as bulbs tend to go out during repair - this is due to the massive mechanical shocks experienced during the pixel repair procedure.
Can I do the pixel repair of my Rover instrument cluster's LCD display at home? How about tools?
Well, most of the Rover instrument cluster's LCD pixel repair KITs we sell are designed to be simple and easy to use. The word easy should now be the subject of further discussion. An average Rover instrument cluster's LCD display pixel repair is far more difficult then replacing a lightbulb. You definitely have to have good mechnical skills, and some household tools, such as nippers, screewdrivers, household tape, and other goodies to fix things around the house.
If you have to ask one of these questions, then you definitly should NOT do a Rover instrument cluster LCD pixel repair at home (we were asked these questions before, this is not a joke):
- Which way should I turn the screwdriver to undo the screw?
- What is a display?
- How do I find the LCD thing in my Rover?
- How do I glue the LCD into the dashboard?
- Is it as easy as replacing a lightbulb?
Is it coming from China, or is it a high quality product coming from a proper factory?
Well, Pixelfix is an internationally registered trademark. Pixelfix only sells the highest quality Rover speedometer silver ribbon cables, that are capable of lifetime operation. We sell most of our repairs with lifetime warranty, and you will find the exact same displays, cables, and other spare parts that we use for professional repairs. The silver ribbon cables we use for Rover instrument cluster's LCD display pixel repair are real silver, which is a very expensive base material, that is why the price is much higher compared to carbon ribbon cables. We also sell carbon ribbon cables, but the motivation to produce carbon cables for Rover instrument cluster's LCD dispaly repair was only to be able to compete pricewise with the cheap chinese ribbon cables, which you may also buy for LCD dispay pixel repair on Ebay, but with a significantly worse or completely useless final result.
I ordered a Rover instrument cluster's LCD display today, when will I receive it?
You may keep an eye on your package, if you ordered the silver ribbon cables with postal delivery on you may check the status on your local post office's website, or if you ordered next day deliver then you need to see TNT / FedEx or DHL tracking site for status.
All Rover LCD displays, silver ribbon cables, speedometer spare parts bought in the webshop will come with an invoice. All invoices are issued electronically, so you will receive an e-mail with the printable invoice in it. This invoce can be printed and filed to the accounts.
I started the repair, but I do not seem to deal with it:
No worries, we do provide technical support, and help repairing of your Rover instrument cluster's LCD display. We have been repairing these Rover instrument cluster units for years, we made hundreds of repairs, so we can provide tecnical support very effectively - ont he phone, via skype, via e-mail or whichever you prefer. Please note that you need to book an appointment, but it is completely free of charge.
I replaced the silver ribbon cable, but still there is nothing on the Rover LCD's screen:
No worries, this symptom can be due to a bagatel problem which can be fixed easily. If there are no pixels on the Rover instrument cluster's display at all, that MUST be due to one of the followings:
- the contacts of the Rover LCD display or the panel are not perfectly clean - this case there is no contact between the Rover LCD display and the panel of the speedometer
- either the Rover speedometer LCD display or the silver ribbon cable was mounted in the wrong direction, so the contacts are on the wrong side
- the alignment of the silver ribbon cable is not good, so the pads of the silver ribbon cable do not match the pads of the Rover LCD display or panel.
I started the repair, but it seems to be beyond my technical skills:
Let's talk about the worst case scenario, you started the repair, but you do not seem to deal with the repair of the Rover instrument cluster's display. This case we have a backup solution. We always stand behind our customers, so You may send Rover speedometer LCD display unit to us for repair, and no matter what the condition of the unit is, we can help. More precisely, up to this point we always succeeded, meaning none of our customers managed to do such a damage in the unit that we could not fix. The repair does not cost a fortune, in a lucky case it is 20-30 Euro plus return delivery cost only.